Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Black Redstart

I was in Cardiff today, so decided to head to Cardiff Bay, where a Black Redstart had been seen recently on rocks at the Penarth end of the Cardiff Bay Barrage. I found the bird easily enough, but it was not very approachable, and these were the best photos I could manage:




A Peregrine Falcon was soaring over the nearby cliffs for a while, but was too far away for any decent photos, as was the Slavonian Grebe I saw a little later further round the bay, just offshore from the ice rink.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely litle bird! I like the colors and the background in the last picture!

    Regards!
    Leiv Arne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Redstarts also, but they're different. They good photos Jeremy. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Great pictures and a great page!

    mvh Knut Egil

    ReplyDelete