Excuse this unusual post, but I've just realised I've been awarded a 'Versatile Blogger' award by Shaun at Valleys Shutterbug, so thought, for once, I'd play along with the game. Thanks, Shaun - I think!
Here are the instructions that go with the award:
* Thank the person who gave you this award and link back to their blog.
* Next, select 15 blogs / bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly.
* Nominate those 15 bloggers for the 'Versatile Blogger Award'.
* Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Okay, here are a random,
Seven Things About Me:
1. My surname, Inglis, is of Scottish origin, and is pronounced 'Ingles', not 'Ing-gliss'. Many Inglises who move out of Scotland change the spelling to Ingles or Ingalls to combat the problem non-Scots have with the pronunciation. At school, I was sometimes called 'Laura' or 'Mary', after the girls in the 'Little House on the Prairie' TV show and books by Laura Ingalls Wilder!
2. I was born in Winchester, Hampshire, England, but spent most of my twenties living in Merthyr Tydfil, Wales. In a programme shown on Channel 4 in 2006, Winchester was rated the best place to live in the U.K., and Merthyr was third-worst!
3. I spent two of my teenage years in Ottawa, Canada.
4. I used to play for various football (soccer) teams, mainly as a goalkeeper.
5. I nearly got two holes-in-one on the same hole in successive rounds of golf - I hit the flag with my tee-shot on the first hole of rounds played back-to-back, but missed both putts for birdies. (My only hole-in-one remains one at the ninth hole at Ynysangharad Park Pitch-and-Putt - it's about twenty yards long!)
6. I live in a rugby-mad country, but don't much care for the game!
7. I am a naturalist, but don't much care for spiders!
And the award goes to:
(If you don't participate in awards, memes, or blogging games, then feel free to ignore the tag. You still deserve a mention.)
1. Adam at My Life Outside
2. Caroline at Wild and Wonderful
3. Anthony at Anthony Miners Wildlife Photos
4. Bob at Birds and Nature in the Forest of Dean
5. Christian at Hiding in Cars
6. Tammy at I Heart Florida Birds
7. Leiv at Akset Naturfoto
8. Gary at Me, Boomer, and the Vermilon River
9. Monts at Monts' Cornwall / Kernow
10. Adrian at Adrian's Images
11. Keith at Holding Moments
12. Joop at Joop Zand Fotografie
13. Dawn at Dawn's Bloggy Blog
14. Angela at Angifotos
15. Warren at Pittswood Birds
Thanks again for the award. Even if you weren't tagged, share one random fact about yourself.
That was a fairly random selection of nature blogs I've looked at lately, so sorry if I've missed you off the list - it wasn't intentional!