Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Langland Bay

This evening, I went round to Langland Bay, via the smaller Rotherslade Bay, where I spotted this couple on the beach, with a stormy sky beyond:


I continued past Langland Bay to Langland Point, where I took this shot looking westwards along the coast:


And this one, as the sun began to break through the clouds:


Here's the coastal path, with Pwll Du Head and Oxwich Point in the distance:


I clambered up the hillside on to Langland Bay Golf Course, from where I was rewarded with this view of Caswell Bay:


I walked back along the edge of the golf course, and arrived back at Langland as the sun's last rays were casting their yellowish light onto the bay and its buildings:


I decided to put on my 500mm lens, and zero in on some distant headlands:



Looking west from Langland Point, I was able to capture the sun just as it dipped over the horizon:


With a long exposure and two or three filters (polariser, neutral density, neutral density graduated), I captured some strange pink hues:



A final shot of the sunset:


And a picture of the moon over Langland Bay:


Before heading for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment