Thursday, May 05, 2011

Swansea Sunrise

I was up early yesterday morning, so I decided to walk down to the beach to see if an attractive sunrise might develop. It did!
Here are a few of the pictures I took:







I put polarising and neutral density filters in front of the lens for this shot, to give a long exposure time of several seconds to blur the waves of the incoming tide. This combination seems to give a pink tone to the image, which I decided to leave in:


The Meridian Tower in Swansea Marina, with a windfarm on the hill behind:


Finally, I turned my camera and tripod around so I was facing about ninety degrees to the sunrise for this shot, pointing my lens out to sea and using a long exposure:



2 comments:

  1. A rollercoaster rainbow of colour, Jeremy. I love the effects - esp. perhaps the rippled sand.

    ReplyDelete