Sunday, August 07, 2011

Wet Day in Swansea

Almost monsoon-like conditions here in Swansea at times today. Needless to say, I was out and about, minus my waterproof trousers, and got soaked! Anyway, between sheltering from the downpours, I took a few snaps.

Fallen Ash leaf:


During a brief lull in the rain, I spotted this Rosebay Willowherb plant growing in a woodland glade:


Down at the beach, some pretty severe-looking storm clouds were gathering over the Mumbles:


Finally, a couple of close-ups of the rain-soaked foliage:



5 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this selection, Jeremy ... and yes, WHAT a downpour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, I like a lot the picture with the rain drop

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly was wet but looked like you made the most of it. I was planting in the garden and got similarly soaked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great series!! If you were here I would say the pink plant is fireweed. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete