Sunday, February 03, 2013

Clyne Woods Star-trail

Continuing the theme of not sleeping very well, I woke early on Saturday morning, and couldn't get back to sleep. Seeing a rare clear sky outside, I decided to head out into my local woods and try for a pre-dawn star-trail shot. I pointed my camera through a gap in the trees, towards a patch of sky with plenty of stars, which turned out be looking roughly north towards the pole star. I had time for three ten-minute exposures before the lens clouded over with condensation, so this is a total of thirty minutes' star movement:


It was a rare treat for me (not being much of an 'early-bird'!) to be out at dawn listening to several Tawny Owls calling to each other around me.
However, as the day dawned, the peace was soon shattered by the arrival of several noisy dogs and their owners!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely effect Jeremy.....nice done again.

    greetings, Joop

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely, atmospheric photo Jeremy. Not a sight I'm likely to see unfortunately. I'm hopeless at early mornings :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, too, Songbird. No excuse, though, at this time of year, as you can see the same sight in the evening from about 6 p.m. on a clear night (not that we get many of those!).

    ReplyDelete