Monday, September 05, 2011

Seals and Cormorants

Having read Adam's recent post, I decided to head over to the Tawe Barrage in Swansea on Saturday afternoon to see if there were any Grey Seals there. Sure enough, as he reported, there seemed to be two taking advantage of the concentration of fish there. I stood on the bridge over the river in the pouring rain (in the process, finding out my waterproofs were not waterproof at all!), pointed my lens downwards, and was able to take a few pictures as a seal occasionally popped up from the foaming waters:


This one looked as if he was taking a bubble-bath:




I was also able to take a couple of shots of the eight-or-so Cormorants which were perched and fishing nearby:



6 comments:

  1. Cute pictures.
    I doesn't see any raindrops ;-)
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots Jeremy. Glad that they performed for you. I just wish that the bridge wasn't encased in netting as it would make photographing them a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh,so cute! Great pictures! the 2nd one is my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. is the small cormorant on the rught a Shag..??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi A.J. - I've looked closely at the original picture, and I can say that it's definitely a Cormorant! Thanks for looking in.

    ReplyDelete