Thursday, March 03, 2011

Park- and Shore-birds

I went into the Botanic Gardens in Singleton Park for half-an-hour or so before they closed this afternoon.
Here are a few of the shots I took:-

Blue Tit:



Coal Tit:



Male Chaffinch:


Robin:


Magpie:


After the gardens closed, I walked along the seashore to Blackpill, where it was high tide. Here, there was the usual large gathering of Oystercatchers; smaller numbers of Curlews; a handful of Ringed Plovers and Dunlins; half-a-dozen Knots; and a flock of several hundred Sanderlings, of which this was part:


3 comments:

  1. Exellent close ups pictures! The Blue tit and Robin pictures was amazing!

    Have a nice day!

    Regards!
    Leiv Arne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great close ups!! I feel I could touch them. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete